Customer Service Representative/Office Admin
AE Concrete specializes in delivering standard and custom precast product solutions for the civil infrastructure market including Water, Storm Water, Electrical and Communication Vaults, Chambers, Trenches, Box Culverts, Streetlight Bases, and a variety of custom precast solutions via our in-house engineering team. Quality of Work is a very important to AE Concrete as we are a CPCI, CSA, CWB, and ISO 9001-2015 certified precast plant.
We have been a leading provider of civil structures for over 30 years. We value working with the marketplace to deliver and develop the products needed for the civil construction industry.
ABOUT THE JOB:
We believe that respect for people and continuous improvement will drive the success of ourselves and our business. The Customer Service Representative / Office Admin will have the main focus on ensuring a quick response to standard product sales calls and to provide technical sales support to clients, providing product knowledge, quotations and recommendations in-line with customer needs and specifications. Our dedicated teams also provide creative engineered solutions, relevant advice and superior customer service. All employees must gain adequate knowledge of AE Concrete procedures, equipment and products to perform the job duties efficiently and with a quality conscious manner. Work is not supervised in detail, and the amount of supervision varies depending upon the assignment and proven knowledge.
This position will have a main focus on ensuring quick response to standard product sales calls. Our dedicated teams also provide superior customer service. Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations; as well as, the Company Health and Safety Responsibilities and accountabilities and actively promote AE Concrete’s safety vision.
- Responding to all phone and email inquiries from clients, including contractors and consultants to provide technical information for design and installation of various types of civil projects
- Greet all incoming visitors and get them to sign in and inform the appropriate staff of their arrival
- Liaisons between all plant departments and assists with office technical issues and malfunction equipment
- Assist with administrative tasks and overflow for special projects from other departments as needed; including senior leadership team administration tasks as required
- Manage bi-weekly office supply orders and maintains appropriate quantities in stock room
- Receive incoming courier packages and prepare outgoing packages
- Process daily outgoing mail using postage machine and retrieve, stamp and distribute incoming mail
- Manage boardroom bookings and keep information boards updated
- Assists with catering and special events planning
- Calculating prices and sending quotations to contractors and consultants based on company marketing principles
- Provides initial customer interface providing product knowledge and technical information relative to customer needs
- Provides written and verbal quotations for standard Pre-Cast products based on information provided by the customer
- Processes customer orders for all products and generates sales and release work orders to production
- Any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary by all Department Managers as approved by Sales Manager
- High School Diploma or preferably College Diploma (technical discipline) an asset or equivalent work experience. Understanding of the Pre-Cast industry and knowledge of the Pre-Cast manufacturing techniques considered an asset
- 1 – 3+ years previous experience as a Sales/Customer Service Representative
- Knowledge of SAP would be an asset
- Strong interpersonal communication and effective written and oral skills
- Above average computer skills including, Windows, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Previous industry experience in similar products and services an asset
- Computer aptitude (MS Office, ERP System [SAP], Excel)
- Understanding of the precast industry and knowledge of the precast manufacturing techniques are considered strong assets
- Ability to achieve success and generate results both on their own as well as through teamwork
- Must possess solid organizational skills, exceptional attention to detail with a strong and professional
- work ethic and work in a team environment
- Proactive thinker, self-starter and problem solver
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Positive Attitude
WHY JOIN AE:
Safety First – Workplace safety is of paramount importance at AE Concrete and all employees play a key role in our Occupational Health and Safety awareness. We are proud of our safety record and work to maintain a safe and healthy environment for all our employees.
Training Always – We believe that respect for people and continuous improvement will drive the success of ourselves and our business. Achieving this requires on-going collaboration and learning in the workplace so we can all move forward together.
Future Opportunity – We provide an attractive compensation and benefits package which recognized people for their contributions, comprehensive training and career development opportunities which support our employee’s growth with the company.
If you are interested in joining our team, we encourage you to apply today!
Please send your resume to the email address below with your attached resume. If you are shortlisted for the position you will be contacted by AE Concrete Human Resources department. Thank you for your interest in joining our team.