AE Concrete specializes in delivering standard and custom civil precast solutions: Electrical and Communication Vaults, Trenches, Box Culverts, Street Light Bases, and a variety of custom precast solutions via our in house engineering team. We are a CPCI, CSA, CWB, and ISO 9001 certified precast plant, ensuring we can meet the requirements of your unique project requirements.
We have been a leading provider of civil structures for over 30 years. We value working with the marketplace to deliver and develop the products needed for the civil construction industry.
ABOUT THE JOB:
We believe that respect for people and continuous improvement will drive the success of ourselves and our business. The Draftsperson provides drafting support to AE Concrete Engineering department. This individual will be involved in activities such as: checking drawings, production questions, project meetings, managing projects, scheduling, establishing objectives and leading and implementing process improvement initiatives. All employees must gain adequate knowledge of AE Concrete procedures, equipment and products to perform the job duties efficiently and with a quality conscious manner. Work is not supervised in detail, and the amount of supervision
varies depending upon the assignment and proven knowledge.
This position will have a main focus providing drafting support to AE Concrete Engineering department. Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations; as well as, the Company Health and Safety Responsibilities and Accountabilities and actively promote AE Concrete’s safety vision.
• Review of drawings for accuracy and conformance to the estimate, contract documents, company manufacturing standards and engineer’s design.
• Provide regular reports regarding progress of work currently assigned and enter data so departmental KPI’s are accurate and timely.
• Create, modify & review Product drawings (Typically 2-D) for accuracy and content prior to submitting for review, and be convinced that the information they have presented is correct in its entirety.
• Conform to Quality Standards and identify or report any potential quality issues, See Something, Say Something.
• Meeting all scheduled requirements. If changes or problems pose a threat to accomplishing work in a timely fashion, communicate issues immediately to their manager. Schedule work accordingly and undertake overtime where required to ensure project deadlines are met.
• Work in conjunction with Customers, Engineering, Sales, & Operations departments to pro-actively identify problems, and find solutions. Will involve visiting the manufacturing facility to learn products & production methods / techniques, investigate issues in more detail, check dimensions and any other projects that may be required.
• Participate in the continuous improvement tasks assigned to the department. This may involve coordination of internal initiatives, drafting of specific drawing standards, and education/training of new programs / processes.
• Provide support to Sales, Production and Operations departments as directed.
• Ensure that the distribution of drawings (internal and external) is properly coordinated.
• May include general office duties and any other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Engineering Manager.
making your ideas concrete
• Technologist certificate/diploma an asset
• Minimum two years of experience of drafting (manufactured products preferred)
• Advanced Computer skills: Excel, Word, Microsoft suite
o Vectorworks and AutoCAD drafting knowledge and certification
• Understanding of the construction industry and knowledge of precast concrete manufacturing
techniques are considered strong assets
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Team player
• Responds quickly to problems with a sense of urgency
• Organized, with neat and accurate notes
• Proactive and strong planner
• Problem analysis, problem solving skills
• Self-motivator and quick learner
• Experience working in a strong “safety culture” desirable
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet changing deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to ensure compliance with all safety regulations, Quality standards and maintain diplomacy in the workplace
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Peers: Engineering Department
Direct Reports: None
Physical Effort – Duties will be split between walking the plant floor and at a desk in an office environment, distribution is based on complexity of work. Requires frequent periods of sitting and working in front of a computer, bending, standing and walking and does require the ability to move light to moderate material or equipment.
Physical Environment – Frequent work both in the office and in the Plant. Normal outdoor work environment which could include exposure to adverse weather conditions, dust, noise etc. Some stress due to adherence to deadlines, which may require some overtime.
Sensory Environment – A great deal of attention, both seeing and hearing, is required always. Many unusual occurrences can happen several times over the course of a day. The risk of accidents occurring is present. Attention must be given to accident potential in all areas of the facility.
Mental Stress – There is routine pressure from various sources to achieve results and deadlines while dealing with frequent interruptions.
Please send your resume to the email address below with your attached resume. If you are shortlisted for the position you will be contacted by AE Concrete Human Resources department. Thank you for your interest in joining our team.