Process Improvement Coordinator
AE Concrete specializes in delivering standard and custom civil precast solutions: Electrical and Communication Vaults, Trenches, Box Culverts, Street Light Bases, and a variety of custom precast solutions via our in house engineering team. We are a CPCI, CSA, CWB, and ISO 9001 certified precast plant, ensuring we can meet the requirements of your unique project requirements.
We have been a leading provider of civil structures for over 30 years. We value working with the marketplace to deliver and develop the products needed for the civil construction industry.
ABOUT THE JOB:
We believe that respect for people and continuous improvement will drive the success of ourselves and our business. The Process Improvement Coordinator role is a key member to that success, as the position is a proactive role to improve our daily operations and is instrumental in implementing recommendations. This position is a conduit for communication to the supervisors and a resource for effective and timely execution in their area. This position must drive our vison to safely manufacture the highest quality precast concrete products.
All employees must gain comprehensive knowledge of AE Concrete procedures, equipment and products to perform the job duties efficiently and with a quality conscious manner. Work is not supervised in detail, and the amount of supervision varies depending upon the assignment, knowledge and proven performance.
This position is responsible to implement process improvement activities in Safety, Quality and Production. This role will be responsible lead initiatives, draft procedures and train teams to assist in the standardization and improvement. The incumbent in this role must be a highly driven self-starter with the ability to manage small projects and keep focused.
This role will ensure the systems are performing effectively and play an active role in process improvement. This role will provide leadership to the facility in regard to quality management and directly supervise individuals responsible for auditing, inspection and testing.
• Hands on role in process improvement related to Safety, Quality and Lean Manufacturing
• Responsible to assist in the design and implementation of process and procedures
• Create and maintain documentation related to operational processes
• Completes and coordinates actions related to process improvement
• Maintains required process improvement and corrective action logs
• Acts as a liaison between internal and external sources to gather information and source solutions for operational opportunities
• Coordinates with third parties as required
• Administers site programs, including, Continuous Improvement, Safety Data Sheets, Toolbox Talks, etc.
• At least 1 years in manufacturing coordination, preferably Precast Concrete
• CTech, AScT, or equivalent designation
• Demonstrate strong skills in Project Management
• Incumbent must possess a high level of maturity and exercise sound judgement
making your ideas concrete
• Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
• Excellent Communication Skills, Verbal and Written
• Experience in Quality, Lean or Safety
• Create, maintain and assist in the implementation of standard work procedures
• Conduct training and orientation or employees and contractors as necessary
• Administers KPI information gathering & entry
• Any other reasonable duty or responsibility as required for the success of the operations
Reports to: Plant Manager
Peers: Quality Supervisor
Direct Reports: None
Physical Effort – Duties will be split between walking the plant floor and at a desk in an office environment, distribution is based on complexity of work. Requires frequent periods of sitting and working in front of a computer, bending, standing and walking and does require the ability to move light to moderate material or equipment.
Physical Environment – Frequent work both in the office and in the Plant. Normal outdoor work environment which could include exposure to adverse weather conditions, dust, noise etc. Some stress due to adherence to deadlines, which may require some overtime.
Sensory Environment – A great deal of attention, both seeing and hearing, is required always. Many unusual occurrences can happen several times over the course of a day. The risk of accidents occurring is present.
Attention must be given to accident potential in all areas of the facility.
Mental Stress – There is routine pressure from various sources to achieve results and deadlines while dealing with frequent interruptions.
Please send your resume to the email address below with your attached resume. If you are shortlisted for the position you will be contacted by AE Concrete Human Resources department. Thank you for your interest in joining our team.