AE Concrete specializes in delivering standard and custom civil precast solutions: Electrical and Communication Vaults, Trenches, Box Culverts, Street Light Bases, and a variety of custom precast solutions via our in house engineering team. We are a CPCI, CSA, CWB, and ISO 9001 certified precast plant, ensuring we can meet the requirements of your unique project requirements.
We have been a leading provider of civil structures for over 30 years. We value working with the marketplace to deliver and develop the products needed for the civil construction industry.
ABOUT THE JOB:
We believe that respect for people and continuous improvement will drive the success of ourselves and our business. The Production Supervisor is a key member to that success, as the position plans and executes on all daily operations activities and is instrumental in recommendations for the future. This position is a conduit for communication to the employees and a resource for effective and timely execution in their area. Reporting into this position will be Lead hand/Chargehands along with other unionized members. This position will also provide back up support to the Production Scheduler and other Production Supervisor roles. All employees must gain adequate knowledge of AE Concrete procedures, equipment and products to perform the job duties efficiently and with a quality conscious manner. Work is not supervised in detail, and the amount of supervision varies depending upon the assignment and proven knowledge.
This position will have a main focus planning and executing on all daily operations activities and is instrumental in recommendations for the future. Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations; as well as, the Company Health and Safety Responsibilities and Accountabilities and actively promote AE Concrete’s safety vision.
• Leads the implementation of Lean Manufacturing & Ensure all personnel are focused on continuous improvement.
• Executes on all improvement activities necessary for operations.
• Achieves maximum efficiency through proper use of skills, man-hours, machines, and equipment, and process performance, with a strong emphasis on continuous improvement.
• Review and approve production schedules.
• Performs ERP transactions as necessary to operate departments.
• Actively participates in all required operations related meetings.
• Review project estimates and other critical production information.
• Manpower Planning through the addition, distribution & sharing of manpower to meet customer order requirements and maintain inventory stocking levels as required to ensure the success of the business
• Assists in all safety programs including but not limited to HSIP, Hazard Assessment, Incident investigation Contractor Safety Program.
• Performs safety, quality and productivity investigations to determine root causes & approve and implement corrective actions.
• Drafts and implements work procedures in compliance with all applicable regulations.
• Ensures compliance to quality systems and procedures.
• Ensures the timeliness and accuracy of all production records.
• Maintain working relationship with all functional departments.
making your ideas concrete
• Perform regular departmental employee reviews, evaluations & address employee performance matters.
• Performs and coordinates training/orientations of employees.
• Review and approval all timecard allocations.
• Interview and selection of new employee’s.
• Plans and organize any projects within departments.
• Meet or exceed all targets including but not limited to, Safety, Quality, Productivity, Inventory.
• Administers KPI Information gathering & entry.
• Any other reasonable duty or responsibility as required for the success of the operations.
• Preferably at least 5 years in manufacturing supervision, preferably Precast Concrete
• Demonstrate strong skills in Project Management and analytical problem solving
• Incumbent must possess a high level of maturity and exercise sound judgement
• Intermediate computer skills, Microsoft Office, and SAP
• Strong Leadership and Organizational Skills
• Excellent Communication Skills, Verbal and Written
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Logical problem analysis, problem solving and dispute resolution skills
• Responds quickly with a sense of urgency
• Organized – proactive and strong planner
• Positive attitude
• Strong work ethic with willingness to work overtime when required
• Ability to create strong working relationships in both an independent and team environment.
• Likes a challenge, and able to handle stress
• Committed to continuously improving one’s self, personally & professionally
Reports to: Plant Manager
Peers: Operations Team / Lead Hands
Direct Reports: None
Physical Effort – Duties will be split between walking the plant floor and at a desk in an office environment, distribution is based on complexity of work. Requires frequent periods of sitting and working in front of a computer, bending, standing and walking and does require the ability to move light to moderate material or equipment.
Physical Environment – Frequent work both in the office and in the Plant. Normal outdoor work environment which could include exposure to adverse weather conditions, dust, noise etc. Some stress due to adherence to making deadlines, which may require some overtime.
Sensory Environment – A great deal of attention, both seeing and hearing, is required always. Many unusual occurrences can happen several times over the course of a day. The risk of accidents occurring is present.
Attention must be given to accident potential in all areas of the facility.
Mental Stress – There is routine pressure from various sources to achieve results and deadlines while dealing with frequent interruptions.
Please send your resume to the email address below with your attached resume. If you are shortlisted for the position you will be contacted by AE Concrete Human Resources department. Thank you for your interest in joining our team.