Quality Assurance Supervisor
OVERVIEW: AE Concrete specializes in delivering standard and custom precast product solutions for the civil infrastructure market including: Water, Storm Water, Electrical and Communication Vaults, Chambers, Trenches, Box Culverts, Streetlight Bases, and a variety of custom precast solutions via our in-house engineering team. Quality of Work is a very important to AE Concrete as we are a CPCI, CSA, CWB, and ISO 9001-2015 certified precast plant. We have been a leading provider of civil structures for over 30 years. We value working with the marketplace to deliver and develop the products needed for the civil construction industry.
ABOUT THE JOB: We believe that respect for people and continuous improvement will drive the success of ourselves and our business. The Quality Assurance Supervisor role is a key member to that success, as the position is an active role to improve daily operations and is instrumental in identifying recommendations for the future. This position is a conduit for communication to all departments and a resource quality management. This position must drive our vision to safely manufacture the highest quality precast concrete products. All employees must gain comprehensive knowledge of AE Concrete procedures, production methods and products to perform the job duties efficiently and with a quality conscious manner. Work is not supervised in detail, and the amount of supervision varies depending upon the assignment, knowledge and proven performance.
GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITY This position is responsible to lead and represent the quality and environmental systems in the facility. This role will ensure the systems are performing effectively and play an active role in process improvement. This role will provide leadership to the facility in regard to quality management and directly supervise individuals responsible for auditing, inspection and testing.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Responsible to monitor and support the business related to Quality and Environmental Regulations and Certifications
- Actively leads all external communication and interaction regarding Quality and Environmental. – Maintain and controls all program documents including policies, procedures, forms and records – Knowledgeable in all applicable Certification Standards (CSA A23.4, PCI MNL-116 & 117, ISO 9001, etc.)
- Supervise a team of Quality inspectors to execute material testing and process/product inspection. – Manage, Maintain & Report on all Non-conformances in the NCR Database through regular follow up with Production Personnel on Root Cause, Risk analysis, Preventative / Correction Action completion & subsequent Verification that processes are sustainable.
- Administer site programs related to Quality and Environmental Making Your Ideas Concrete
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS –
- At least 1 years in manufacturing coordination, preferably Precast Concrete
- CTech, AScT, or equivalent designation
- Minimum 2-3 years of QA/QC experience, preferably Precast Concrete
- Experience in visual inspection and Quality Assurance / Control in manufacturing.
- Incumbent must possess a high level of maturity and exercise sound judgement.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio & PDF)
- Excellent Interpersonal Communication Skills, Verbal and Written.
- Perform Internal Audits and inspections as necessary –
- Maintains required preventative and corrective action plans –
- Coordinate with external bodies as required to gather, investigate, clarify concerns and realize opportunities, including CPCQA, CSA, etc. –
- Effectively communicate identified issues to applicable departments –
- Perform training and orientations –
- Document deficiencies in Quality and Environment through the company processes. –
- Develop and maintain program documents, including Manuals, Inspection and Test Plans, Quality Plans. –
- Maintain records for compliance –
- Provide process improvement recommendations through the development and analysis of data and KPI’s –
- Comply with all policies, safety policies and procedures, and housekeeping requirements. –
- Any other reasonable duty or responsibility as deemed necessary for the business.
Reports to: Plant Manager
Peers: Process Improvement Coordinator
Direct Reports: Quality Control Inspector(s)
WORKING CONDITIONS Physical Effort – Duties will be split between walking the plant floor and at a desk in an office environment, distribution is based on the complexity of work. Requires frequent periods of sitting and working in front of a computer, bending, standing and walking and does require the ability to move light to moderate material or equipment.
Physical Environment – Frequent work both in the office and in the Plant. The normal outdoor work environment which could include exposure to adverse weather conditions, dust, noise etc. Some stress due to adherence to deadlines, which may require some overtime.
Sensory Environment – A great deal of attention, both seeing and hearing, is required always. Many unusual occurrences can happen several times over the course of a day. The risk of accidents occurring is present. Attention must be given to accident potential in all areas of the facility. Mental Stress – There is routine pressure from various sources to achieve results and deadlines while dealing with frequent interruptions. Apply today for this exciting opportunity! Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please send your resume to the email address below with your attached resume. If you are shortlisted for the position you will be contacted by AE Concrete Human Resources department. Thank you for your interest in joining our team.