Technical Sales Representative
AE Concrete specializes in delivering standard and custom civil precast solutions: Electrical and Communication Vaults, Trenches, Box Culverts, Street Light Bases, and a variety of custom precast solutions via our in house engineering team. We are a CPCI, CSA, CWB, and ISO 9001 certified precast plant, ensuring we can meet the requirements of your unique project requirements.
We have been a leading provider of civil structures for over 30 years. We value working with the marketplace to deliver and develop the products needed for the civil construction industry.
ABOUT THE JOB: We believe that respect for people and continuous improvement will drive the success of ourselves and our business. The Technical Sales Representative is a key member to that success, as the position will be part of our dedicated inside sales team that provides creative engineered solutions, relevant advice and superior customer service. This position is a conduit for communication with clients externally as well as internally. All employees must gain adequate knowledge of AE Concrete procedures, equipment and products to perform the job duties efficiently and with a quality conscious manner. Work is not supervised in detail, and the amount of supervision varies depending upon the assignment and proven knowledge.
GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITY: This position will have a focus to ensure quick responses to custom product sales calls to provide technical sales support to clients, provide product knowledge, standard, modified & custom product quotations, and written proposals for recommendations in-line with customer needs and specifications. Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations; as well as, the Company Health and Safety Responsibilities and Accountabilities and actively promote AE Concrete’s safety vision.
• Estimating materials for projects by examining contract drawings and specifications to compile quantities for quotation purposes.
• Provides written and verbal quotations for standard, modified and customized precast products based on information provided by the customer.
• Provides initial customer interface providing product knowledge and technical information relative to customer needs.
• Prepares quantity take-offs and interpretations of submitted customer drawings for single and multiple quantity products.
• Clearly communicate solutions to customers through the creation of quotations using CAD drawings, pictures or sketches to support the solution.
• Calculating prices and sending quotations to contractors and consultants based on company marketing principles.
• Proactively tracking tender results by contacting purchasing departments, consultants, and contractors to follow up on opportunities to maximize overall sales performance.
• Verifies and accurately processes customer orders for all precast products and manages the project until completion.
• Liaisons between the customer and all internal operations on the progress of orders versus target dates.
• Work with Outside Sales Representatives (OSRs) to estimate and quote standard, modified and/or custom projects.
• Ensures compliance with quality systems and procedures. making your ideas concrete
• After work hours may be required to meet deadlines including attending events to build customer relationships and enhance AE Concrete’s image in the industry.
• Any other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary by their Manager.
• Preferably a Diploma or Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or Relevant Technical Diploma/Degree and/or equivalent education/work experiences
• Understanding of the precast and construction industry and knowledge of precast manufacturing techniques will be considered an asset (concrete, rebar, steel)
• Above average computer skills including AutoCAD, SAP, Microsoft Suite; Word, Excel, & Outlook
• 2 to 3+ years previous experience as a Sales/Customer Service Representative preferred
• Experience in estimating and/or hands-on building experience would be an asset
• Strong math skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Responds quickly with a sense of urgency
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
• Organized – proactive and strong planner
• Positive attitude
• Must possess solid organizational skills, exceptional attention to detail with a strong and professional work ethic and work in a team environment
• Ability to create strong working relationships in both an independent and team environment
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks while completing assignments within deadlines
• Likes a challenge, and able to handle stress • Strong work ethic with a willingness to work overtime when required
• Committed to continuously improving one’s self, personally & professionally
Reports to Sales Manager
Peers: Sales Department
Direct Reports: None
Physical Effort – Duties will be split between walking the plant floor and at a desk in an office environment, distribution is based on the complexity of work. Requires frequent periods of sitting and working in front of a computer, bending, standing and walking and does require the ability to move light to moderate material or equipment.
Physical Environment – Frequent work both in the office and in the Plant. Normal outdoor work environment which could include exposure to adverse weather conditions, dust, noise etc. Some stress due to adherence to making your ideas concrete deadlines, which may require some overtime.
Sensory Environment – A great deal of attention, both seeing and hearing, is required always. Many unusual occurrences can happen several times over the course of a day. The risk of accidents occurring is present. Attention must be given to accident potential in all areas of the facility.
Mental Stress – There is routine pressure from various sources to achieve results and deadlines while dealing with frequent interruptions.
Please send your resume to the email address below with your attached resume. If you are shortlisted for the position you will be contacted by AE Concrete Human Resources department. Thank you for your interest in joining our team.