AE Concrete specializes in delivering standard and custom civil precast solutions: Electrical and Communication Vaults, Trenches, Box Culverts, Street Light Bases, and a variety of custom precast solutions via our in house engineering team. We are a CPCI, CSA, CWB, and ISO 9001 certified precast plant, ensuring we can meet the requirements of your unique project requirements.
We have been a leading provider of civil structures for over 30 years. We value working with the marketplace to deliver and develop the products needed for the civil construction industry.
About the Job:
The General Labourer will report directly to the Lead Hand in the applicable department. All employeesc lassified within this group are expected to have a keen interest in health and safety and adequate knowledge of AE Concrete Products Inc. procedures for equipment and products to perform the job duties efficiently and with a quality conscious manner.
Major responsibilities and challenges:
- Works in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations; as well as
the Company Health and Safety Responsibilities and Accountabilities.
- Learn and embrace the idea that quality is built into processes, products, and services that we deliver to our internal and external customers.
- Able to demonstrate adequate knowledge and understanding of the manufacturing techniques (including stripping, mobile equipment operation, set-up, stockpiling, etc.) required for use of company equipment, moulds, etc.
- Understand and follow operational procedures and assist in training junior personnel.
- Understand the requirements of 5S and apply basic principles of Lean Manufacturing by assisting with changes and offering suggestions for improvement.
- Conduct daily checks on equipment that is applicable to the job.
- Learn techniques, procedures, use of equipment and moulds from trainers appointed by a supervisor.
- Communicate in a professional manner with the public and other employees
- In order to maintain a multi-task work force you will be required to perform work in other classifications when the need arises. Thereby increasing your knowledge and skills.
- When the occasion arises, and workload dictates, perform work in other classifications as skills permit.
- Any additional duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Lead Hand
- Knows procedures and work instructions related to the work
- Knows company’s policy and objectives
- Knows criteria’s for quality of own work
- Ensure own work fulfill requirements
- Knows critical inspection points for relevant products
- Possess basic understanding of ISO philosophy and CSA
- Pursue internal training in forklift, propane, lean, quality, OSHA
- Learn to operate production equipment and tools pertaining to the position
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
- Physical Effort — Majority of time is spent standing outdoors with frequent opportunity to move around.
Physical Environment — Work is performed in an outdoor environment with exposure to dust, noise and
Sensory Environment — Attention to detail and focus on the task at hand is extremely important.
Mental Stress — There is routine pressure from minimal sources to achieve results and deadlines while
dealing with minimal interruptions.
Please send your resume to the email address below with your attached resume. If you are shortlisted for the position you will be contacted by AE Concrete Human Resources department. Thank you for your interest in joining our team.