Human Resources Administrator
Looking to join a dynamic team with an opportunity to cultivate your skills and grow your career? Are you someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment where every day looks different? Bring your passion for supporting people initiatives and your outgoing personality and join our small but mighty HR team in a workplace where you can really make a difference.
Located near the Surrey-Langley boarder, AE Concrete Products Inc. has been a leading provider of civil precast solutions for over 45 years. Specializing in delivering standard and custom precast solutions, we value working with our clients to develop and deliver products needed for the civil construction industry. Recently having acquired Kon Kast Concrete Products Inc. our business and our opportunities continue to grow.
We offer flexibility, a full benefits package, including an employer matched pension plan, training and education opportunities, annual incentive plan, vacation up to five (5) weeks, and much more.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager the HR Administrator provides support services and day-to-day administration, processing and maintenance of HR programs and services. The HR Administrator is primarily responsible for supporting recruitment initiatives, including posting vacancies, sourcing talent opportunities, and participating in interviews. Supporting daily Human Resources functions, the HR Administrator works closely with other departments for absence management, return to work planning, onboarding new employees and supporting payroll and benefits administration.
- Supports recruitment initiatives, including posting job vacancies, screening resumes, sourcing candidates, conducting phone interviews, scheduling interviews, and performing reference checks
- Supports and assists the HR team to execute projects including business plan initiatives, communications, results tracking and reporting
- Provides guidance and support to managers and employees in the areas of administration, employee and labour relations, legislation, and internal policies
- Assists with and supports the accurate and timely administration of payroll and benefits during the employee life-cycle, including new hire set-up, employee changes and terminations, while ensuring compliance with all applicable legislation and internal policies
- Assists with event planning and social committee coordination
- Builds and maintains relationships with all employees
- Assists with the administration of HR programs and other administrative duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or two (2) years of post-secondary education plus equivalent experience, or an equivalent combination thereof
- Minimum one (1) to two (2) years experience working in a similar position
- Proficient in core office programs (e.g. MS Office products) and capable of learning payroll software application; experience with Payworks is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills combined with strong customer service skills and the ability to work with multiple personality types
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- Knowledge and awareness of all applicable employment laws and legislation
- CPHR Candidate, or working towards, is an asset
Please send your resume to the email address below with your attached resume. If you are shortlisted for the position you will be contacted by AE Concrete Human Resources department. Thank you for your interest in joining our team.